Tuesday, September 3, 2013

This is Me.

Hello, blogging world.

After way too many years of reading blogs, I figured it was finally time I started one. My life is fairly boring and quite predictable but what can I say--there's a blog for everything nowadays, right? With a crazy, hectic job and a little more "me" time on my hands than usual, I feel like now is probably primetime to start a blog.

So, who am I?


First and foremost, I'm a runner. I take a lot of pride in this simply because a few years ago, I would have laughed in your face had you told me I would one day learn to love to run. I'm by no means a "great" runner but I have such a passion for the sport that it doesn't matter. I've won a couple of local races and have been #1 in my age group several times (once in a race with over 400 people!). Since I started running I've dropped my 5k time by almost 6 minutes--a feat I'm pretty proud of. I'm currently sitting at a 22:56 PR time for my 5k and working on getting a sub 2-hour half marathon in November. I'm a runner nerd and I'm proud of it. :)

Along with running, I'm a huge fitness fanatic. I'm lucky to have a boss who is just as crazy as I am about fitness and our daily bouts with Insanity have become my favorite part of the day. So much so that in October I'll be getting my first "real" certification and will become certified to teach an Insanity-style class. :)

BUT enough about the fitness nerd.

I've got an awesome job (I get paid to go skydiving!), an absolutely wonderful family, two of the best friends a girl could ask for and a loving boyfriend who makes me a better person each and everyday. I have no idea what I want to do with my life (nutrition? sports med?), I'm a die hard Louisville Cardinals fan, and I don't think I've ever really felt "grown up" (is that normal?!).


I don't know what kind of blog this will turn into (fitness? life? quarter life crisis?!) but I hope you'll stick around and see what it's like to be... Simply Sarah.




No comments:

Post a Comment