Until then, here's another Five Things Friday. :)
1. COLORADO! Oh. My. Gosh. Can we talk about how amazing Colorado was? I think I mentioned it a few times on the blog but I traveled to Colorado Springs for a fitness conference and if I wasn't sure fitness/wellness was the right path for me to take before, I sure as heck know that it is now. I was in heaven. I was soaking up information left and right and could have listened to the presenters talk for hours (well, I guess I did). Not to mention we did 10 kick ass workouts in two days. Yep, heaven.
2. The Broadmoor Resort. Uhh, there are no words. This is where we stayed throughout the duration of the conference and I was going to add it in with my Colorado post but.... this one deserved one of it's own. I can't even begin to describe how awesome this hotel was. First of all, they had chocolate waiting for us in the airport with the shuttle so to me, that's already a win-win situation. But beyond that, I've never stayed any place as luxurious and amazing as the Broadmoor and let's be honest, I'll probably never stay anywhere like it again, haha. I mean, hello, there was a chandelier IN OUR ROOM. Turn down service every night, AMAZING gym/spa, great food (albeit expensive!), and you can't beat the view...
3. My workouts this week! They have been some of the best I've had in a long time. I'll be honest, I've worked my BUTT off this winter in the gym and I can tell a huge, HUGE difference in my endurance and strength in comparison to this time last year. Beyond the 10 workouts I did over the weekend (crazy, I know) after a couple much needed rest days, I had an awesome crossfit workout (I'm getting strong!) and have logged right around 18 miles over the last 3 days. Next week I plan on working in some tabata type workouts and trying out T25 (my mom rocks!). As we all know, I'm a HUGE believer in Insanity so I'm looking forward to trying out T25 for those days I don't quite have an hour to dedicate to working out. :)
4. Spaghetti Squash!!!! I'm so obsessed! We made buffalo chicken spaghetti squash a few weeks ago and Tuesday we tried out an awesome recipe from Skinny Taste. It's so good and healthy and EASY! I've already planned my next Spaghetti Squash dish and can't wait to try it out. :)
5. Quest Nutrition Bars. I jumped on the Quest bandwagon last fall and have been riding shotgun ever since. They are incredible! And totally DON'T taste like a protein bar (which I generally HATE!). My favorite flavor is Double Chocolate Chunk with Cookies & Cream and Cookie Dough in a close tie for second. They are a little pricey but so totally worth it. I'm so possessive over my Quest bars that P asked if he could try one the other day and I was going to make him pay for it or buy me a new one to replace it with...... whoops. ;) They were doing a promotion of Facebook the other day and I scored two free bars and was STOKED! Seriously--if you're looking for a new protein bar, check them out.
Have a great weekend! I'm off to Louisville for a family thing! :)