Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thinking Out Loud

Linking up today with Running with Spoons today for Thinking Out Loud Thursday! :)



1. Being a grown up is hard. Like, really hard. Making big decisions suck. P & I went and started the process of looking for/buying a house and I can already tell it's going to be a struggle. Luckily, we both have a house in mind that we like (which is an accomplishment in itself, trust me). Granted, it's a long shot that we'll actually get it but either way, it's a start. Does anyone have any home buying advice? We could seriously use some.

One of my favorite parts of the house... so cozy!

2. Speaking of living situations, a new couple moved above us in our apartment complex and they have a kid. Now, before I get yelled at, I love kids and cannot WAIT to have one of my own one day. But let me tell you--this girl must have some energy because from 9am-10pm all we hear is her running back and forth across their apartment. (Maybe I just need to start thinking about this whenever I get frustrated with point #1 of this post) All I can think about is June. And we'll be OUT (hopefully!).

3. Tuesday I decided to be adventurous and meet up with a running group (which happened to be all men?) the next town over and... it was awesome in the "I'm a crazy runner" kind of way. I'll put it this way--I'm glad I didn't know what I was getting myself into before we started. I knew we were going for 6-8 miles but what was failed to mention is that half of those miles were up a mountain. Seriously. But I have to be honest, when we got to the top and I had beat a majority of the other guys, I felt like a certified badass. And when we were done? The runner's high was incredible. There's nothing quite like being a runner.

8:27 pace--I'll take it! 

4. Figuring out life plans sucks almost as bad as buying a house. I know WHAT I want to do but figuring out how to get there is becoming a struggle. More than anything I want to become a dietitian. I've never wanted anything more in my life. The problem? I can't move. P & I are pretty much stuck where we are for a few years (which is the middle of nowhere more or less). I found a few online programs that could POTENTIALLY work out but I'm still in the research process. I can't even begin to explain how ready I am to LEARN again. I'm ready to get back in school! I'm trying to be patient and I know that whatever is meant to be, will be, but..... it's definitely hard.

5. IT'S ALMOST GIRLS WEEKEND! Hello, much needed break from the real world! I'm so excited to meet up with my best friends in Richmond tomorrow! It's been a stressful semester and I'm so looking forward to getting out of town and just being.. young again. Sometimes growing up I get so caught up in making decisions and working and getting into a routine that I forget I'm only 27! Although there's no way I could keep up with "college Sarah", I'm allowed to kick up my heels and have fun every now and then, ya know?! So here's to being youthful and *gasp* crazy this weekend (but not too crazy :)).

Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Gah! I still remember going through the process of buying a new place -- definitely stressful. The best advice I can give is to look at TONNES of places and not settle for the first seemingly decent place that comes around. Also, have a pretty clear picture of what your negotiables and non-negotiables are... It's hard to find a place that has absolutely everything you want within a reasonable price range, but having a clear idea of what you're not willing to sacrifice helps.

    Oh, and location is EVERYTHING. It's way better to live in a worse house in a nice area than it is to live in a nice house in an area that you hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a home can be so successful, but always remember if an offer falls through on what you may think is the perfect home for you - don't sweat it.. because in the end it probably wasn't. Everything happens for a reason :)

    ReplyDelete