Friday, February 14, 2014

Five Things Friday: Valentine Edition

Happy Valentine's Day!
It's been a long and crazy snow filled week but I do have a few updates! :)



Five Favorite Things:


1. TWO SNOW DAYS! We had almost a foot of snow fall Wednesday night into Thursday! Definitely one of the biggest snows we've had in some time. We're also supposed to get another 3-6 inches tonight but I'm crossing my fingers it stays away because I've got a ski trip for work that's about 2 1/2 hours away and we're taking a bus. Come on Mother Nature, just hold off a couple more days. :)



2. I got an Apple TV! It was a late birthday/early Valentine's day gift and I'm kind of obsessed! I'm such an Apple nerd.

3. Speaking of Valentine's Day, P & I had to celebrate early because he has to work tonight. So, last night we trekked out in the snow, got our supplies and came home and had a nice night in. We made buffalo chicken spaghetti squash (delicious!), watched Runner, Runner and just enjoyed each other's company. Where he's on his night shift rotation for 6 weeks, nights together are hard to come by lately. It was pretty close to perfect if I do say so myself.



4. The Olympics! I'm not much for the Winter Olympics but when looking for motivation on the treadmill, watching athletes give it their all for their country is a pretty darn good one.

5. Last weekend!! For my birthday, P, two of our close married friends, and I headed to the Great Smokey Mountains for a weekend away. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. I've been so incredibly busy at work and stressed and having a weekend to do nothing but relax at my mom and dad's cabin was so needed! We explored, shopped til we dropped, and just hung out and enjoyed not having any major responsibilities. We're already planning our return trip if that says anything. :)





Five Workouts:

Lots of GREAT workouts lately--I've been hitting 6,000 fuel points left & right!

1. Lots of treadmill work! I generally hate the treadmill but this winter it's been my jam! I've rocked out some decent runs this winter and although I'm ready to get back outside, I can't say that I've HATED it which is a good thing. I've also had a lot of people ask me advice for how to make it through a long run on a treadmill without clawing my eyes out and the best answer I can give is to find a really good tv show! I typically watch Ellen when I run and she gets me through! I've also started playing this game where I cover up the dashboard on the treadmill and just run until I hit a certain time on the clock and that helps. It's definitely more of a mind game than anything!



2. Crossfit, duh! I haven't been able to make it as much in the last two weeks because of work but the WODS I have been to have been insane! In the best way possible. Especially this one after running 6 miles on the treadmill. :) Needless to say, my legs were jelly when I was done.

It was actually about 6.3 miles--I accidentally hit the automatic stop button at the beginning. :(

3. Wallyball! My co-worker and I put together an Intramural wallyball team and have been having loads of fun! Although our season is over now, it's been a great workout.

4. Walking around downtown Gatlinburg. Okay, I'm pretty sure Saturday we walked at least 5 miles up, down, and around. It was a great workout. Sometimes I forget that you don't have to go "hardcore" to get a good burn.

5. Hopefully skiing tomorrow! I'm not a great skier but it's always a great workout and I'm generally sore the next day. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Five Favorite Pins

(Click on the pic for the link!)

1. This quote. I had a rough day at work on Monday and needed this.

2. This made me LOL because it's so TRUE!

3. These pre-workout protein balls are awesome and so easy to make! I've made them twice now. I've been using PB2 because that's all I have on hand but it seems to work just as well (except they don't quite get ball-like, haha). 


4. This. Is. Perfect.

5. And in honor of Valentine's Day. :)


I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day & weekend! Make sure to eat a piece of chocolate....... or 10!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment