26 reasons 26 was awesome and I'm not old.
1. I ran a 1:49 half marathon back in November! My 22 year old self could not have even come CLOSE to that!
2. I became insane, literally. In October I became a certified Insanity instructor! THIS AIN'T NO COFFEE BREAK!
3. I discovered the hype behind chocolate PB2.. and my life has never been the same.
4. I didn't break a hip.
5. I took my first big girl road trip with P back in December.. Little Rock, Houston, New Orleans,
Charlottesville, & Louisville within a 10 day span. Just as crazy as it sounds.
6. I moved in with my then boyfriend.... big girl status.
7. I started cross fit and officially became one of those people constantly talking about AMRAPS and HRPU's and PR's and all that jazz.
8. I ran in over 20 races and won 4. TAKE THAT YOU 22 YEAR OLDS!!!!
9. Speaking of that, I did a Turkey Trot 5 miler in 10 degree weather. And it sucked. But I felt pretty hardcore.
10. I also spent a Saturday running a 5k and then turning around and running an obstacle course directly after. I came in second during the 5k and first in the obstacle run. It was a pretty fantastic day, rain and all.
11. I finally figured out what I want to do with my life--my passion is totally health, fitness, & nutrition! Now my 27th year on this earth will be used to figure out how to get where I want to eventually go. Easier said than done.
12. I WATCHED MY LOUISVILLE CARDS WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! This one deserved all caps.
13. I lost 10 pounds and gained lots of muscle. :)
14. My two best friends and I hashtagged the crap out of homecoming 2013. It was awesome. And one of my favorite weekends, period. So thankful to have them in my life!
15. I got accepted to grad school, twice (hello, UVA!)... but turned them down because it wasn't the right fit. Grown-up decisions, people!
16. I got to follow an escaped monkey around on campus back during the summer and got interviewed for it. It was awesome.
17. I realized that I still really suck at cooking.
18. I taught my niece the meaning/how to say "cake". Girl's gotta learn.
19. I traveled to Hilton Head twice. Totally my favorite vacation spot!
20. I ate a TON of pretzel M&M's.
21. I watched my niece turn one! It seems like only yesterday we were at my sister's bachelorette party and I was downing all of my sister-in-law's drinks so as not to spoil her secret. ;)
22. I don't know about you but.... I'm not feeling 22.
23. I successfully made it a full week eating ice cream for breakfast back during the summer. Not even remotely ashamed.
24. I can do pull-ups. Like, a lot in a row.
25. I became even closer with my family. Damn happy about that.
26. I got engaged to the love of my life! Seriously--if you would have told me at age 22 that I would be the first of my really close group of friends to get married, I would have laughed in your face. It's funny how things happen. So thankful to have met P and even more thankful that I'll get to spend the next 10938431098 years (or something like that) with him.