Thursday, February 6, 2014

I don't know about you but I'm feeling.... OLD

I feel like I say this every February  but.. man, 26 was a good year. It had your typical ups and downs but for the most part, it was a hell of a year. I accomplished things I never thought imaginable, I grew as a person/friend/fiance/daughter/sister, I found my true passion in life, and let's be honest--I had a TON of fun. So, as my 27th birthday approaches tomorrow (dear god, please someone tell me that's not old!), I figured I'd post my 26 favorite things about this past year.


26 reasons 26 was awesome and I'm not old.


1. I ran a 1:49 half marathon back in November! My 22 year old self could not have even come CLOSE to that!


2. I became insane, literally. In October I became a certified Insanity instructor! THIS AIN'T NO COFFEE BREAK!


3. I discovered the hype behind chocolate PB2.. and my life has never been the same.

4. I didn't break a hip.

5. I took my first big girl road trip with P back in December.. Little Rock, Houston, New Orleans, 
Charlottesville, & Louisville within a 10 day span. Just as crazy as it sounds.

6. I moved in with my then boyfriend.... big girl status.

7. I started cross fit and officially became one of those people constantly talking about AMRAPS and HRPU's and PR's and all that jazz. 



8. I ran in over 20 races and won 4. TAKE THAT YOU 22 YEAR OLDS!!!!

9. Speaking of that, I did a Turkey Trot 5 miler in 10 degree weather. And it sucked. But I felt pretty hardcore.

10. I also spent a Saturday running a 5k and then turning around and running an obstacle course directly after. I came in second during the 5k and first in the obstacle run. It was a pretty fantastic day, rain and all.

11. I finally figured out what I want to do with my life--my passion is totally health, fitness, & nutrition! Now my 27th year on this earth will be used to figure out how to get where I want to eventually go. Easier said than done.

12. I WATCHED MY LOUISVILLE CARDS WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! This one deserved all caps.


13. I lost 10 pounds and gained lots of muscle. :)

14. My two best friends and I hashtagged the crap out of homecoming 2013. It was awesome.  And one of my favorite weekends, period. So thankful to have them in my life! 

15. I got accepted to grad school, twice (hello, UVA!)... but turned them down because it wasn't the right fit. Grown-up decisions, people!

16. I got to follow an escaped monkey around on campus back during the summer and got interviewed for it. It was awesome.

17. I realized that I still really suck at cooking.

18. I taught my niece the meaning/how to say "cake". Girl's gotta learn.

19. I traveled to Hilton Head twice. Totally my favorite vacation spot!

20. I ate a TON of pretzel M&M's. 

21. I watched my niece turn one! It seems like only yesterday we were at my sister's bachelorette party and I was downing all of my sister-in-law's drinks so as not to spoil her secret. ;)

22. I don't know about you but.... I'm not feeling 22. 

23. I successfully made it a full week eating ice cream for breakfast back during the summer. Not even remotely ashamed.

24. I can do pull-ups. Like, a lot in a row. 

25. I became even closer with my family. Damn happy about that.




26. I got engaged to the love of my life! Seriously--if you would have told me at age 22 that I would be the first of my really close group of friends to get married, I would have laughed in your face. It's funny how things happen. So thankful to have met P and even more thankful that I'll get to spend the next 10938431098 years (or something like that) with him. 


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment