Friday, January 10, 2014

Five Things Friday

Heyyyyyyy two weeks in a row!

It was back to work this week after 3 weeks off…. blah! Good thing I love my job! :)


Five Favorites

1. FINDING A WEDDING VENUE & DATE! This has been a MAJOR stress in my life. I think I vastly underestimated this whole "planning a wedding" thing. BUT at least now I know I'll be getting married SOMEWHERE. Better than nothing, right?

sneak peak :)

2. Eating HEALTHY! Newsflash--I ate terribly over the holidays. But hey, that's what the holidays are for, right? I pretty much survived off of chocolate and fried food (I miss it already!). This week however, I've been super good! I haven't had ANY chocolate (WHAT) and I've made a conscious effort to portion control and log everything going into my body. It really makes a difference, you know? I'm definitely a mindless snacker so to combat that, I portioned out all of the packaged foods in my apartment. P & I also made an awesome low-fat turkey chili and low fat cornbread (using yogurt and splenda… it's actually pretty good!). So far, so good!

3. New (old) football coach at Louisville! I was sad to see Charlie go but Bobby Petrino is a pretty good replacement. He coached at Louisville when we won the Orange Bowl so we know he's a winner. I hope he's still got it. GO CARDS! 

I don't know who made this but… it's awesome.


4. Carrots. I'm almost positive I'm going to turn orange this week. I may or may not have gone through two rather large bags already……

5. Going back to work! I was dreading it on Monday (especially since it was like, -5 outside) but once I got in (and warm), I was glad to be back. I loved having time off but I definitely do better with a routine. No question about it. And plus, like I said, I love my job. It's stressful at times and there's certainly never a dull moment but it fits me pretty perfectly for the moment. 

Five Workouts

1. Crossfit and a 7 mile run on Saturday… Friday was my rest day and apparently my body recovered well. I was only going to do 3 or 4 miles but felt good and kept going. I love when that happens!



2. 6 mile run OUTSIDE on Sunday. After being on a treadmill for the last month, that one felt GOOD. I probably could have ran 13 or 14 if it hadn't have started getting dark. Time wise, it was no where near my best. But mentally, it was perfect.

plus one undocumented mile

3. Insanity plyometric cardio circuit/3.5 mile run/Crossfit on Monday. Okay, okay. Even I'l admit, I overdid it on Monday. But… somedays you just have it. And this was one of those days.



4. Insanity cardio power & resistance/3.5 mile run. Nothing special here. Took it pretty easy on both of these workouts.

5. I caught a cold on Wednesday so had a much needed rest day. Today I did a quick round of Pure Cardio insanity and then jumped on the treadmill for a quick 1.5 mile cool down run.

Five Favorite Pins

1.

LOVE THIS!

2.

This made me LOL. Love it. I'm obsessed with House Hunters (and all things HGTV, obvi). 

3. 

ALWAYS.

4. 

I. Freaking. LOVE. This. Totally inspiration for my wedding… just saying. 

5. 

I will be ATTEMPTING to recreate this sometime in the near future. I'm getting pretty good at burlap wreaths!

---

So, there you have it. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! My plans consist of cross fit tomorrow and lots of lounging and relaxation with my fiancĂ©. :) 




THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment