Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wedding Wednesday

I don't have much on the way of an update this week on my actual wedding but... I thought I'd post some of my inspiration! I'm hoping to attend my first wedding show (!!) in the next few weeks and nail down some more details (like uh, cake, photographer, invites.......) but until then, here are my favorite pins off of Pinterest (seriously, how did people plan a wedding before Pinterest?!).


Love Always, Nancy J



I love everything about this photo and it's served as inspiration for the little planning I have done so far! I'm obsessed with the color combo!

 Source

I LOVE LIGHTS! I have some up in my living room all year long and absolutely love the rustic look it gives off (my "theme"). This is perfect. 


I love the idea of not having a "traditional" guest book. Don't get me wrong--there's nothing wrong with a traditional one but I love the idea of doing a photo book.. or a painting... or polaroids. I haven't decided what I want yet but this is great. 

 Source

This is probably my favorite tablescape, ever. Although I won't be using long tables like this one during my reception, I love the chevron table runner, the gold, the glitter... it's PERFECT!


I'm obsessed with ruffle cakes! I don't know if that's their technical term but that's what I've been calling them! They're so different! 

 Source

I'm constantly on Instagram and will definitely be doing this!

 Source

As a true Virginia girl, this is probably my favorite invite that I've seen so far. I'm not sure if I'll go this route or not, but it's amazing! So perfect. 

-------

Of course like every other girl in the world, I have like, 10 billion wedding pins on my Pinterest board(s) (I have multiple... whoops!) but these are some of my favorites! :) If you want to see more, follow me

Have a great Wednesday! I scored the day off because of snow (I love working at a college!) so I plan on taking a much deserved "rest" day. 




6 comments:

  1. we did a photobook of our engagement photos as our guest book, i loved it because it does double duty :) have fun at the wedding show, but word to the wise don't give anyone your phone number and print up address labels to use for anything you want to enter it saves you time in writing everything out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome advice! never would have thought of that. thanks!!! :)

      Delete
  2. These are some amazing inspiration! I'm sure your wedding will be so beautiful! I really like the engagement photo book as the guest book because you get to look at your engagement pictures and read people's notes/best wishes for your wedding day at the same time! (That's what we did for our wedding!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have SO much to do but I'm looking forward to the "challenge". And yay! I'm glad the photo book worked out well for you! I've seen several people do it and it looks awesome!

      Delete
  3. Like meredith said, PRINT the labels! It will save you so much time and Don't give someone your real phone number if you are not interested. Those vendors are vultures! haha

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly am glad Pinterest wasn't around when I planned a wedding (For the most part). Sure I would have maybe had better decor, or done something other than text my bridesmaids if they'd be in my wedding haha, but it's overwhelming to me now!!!

    ReplyDelete