Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Things Friday

Gotta be honest--I'm pretty stinkin' glad it's Friday. Students came back this week so it's back to constantly being busy for me… which isn't such a bad thing but I gotta admit, I enjoyed the peace and quiet. ;)

Five Favorites:

1. Second round of Insanity! It's been a while since my boss and I have had time to do the max workouts but man.. they're so effective! I love insanity because within an hour, you've had a kickass workout! I'm pretty sure I would marry Shaun T if I could… and well, if he wasn't gay. He's totally my celeb crush!


2. Grilled cheeses. I have no shame in admitting that grilled cheeses are my very favorite food on the face of this earth. For real. And I make one heck of a good one. Speaking of which, does anyone else put mayo on theirs? P thinks it's so weird. I think it's delicious. 

3. House of Cards!!!! AHHH. I'm obsessed! P & I finally broke down and started watching it and I'm so into it! We're on episode 9 I think?! I can't wait to see what happens. Kevin Spacey is fantastic. And can we just talk about how fabulous Robin Wright is?! 



4. The next 3 months of my life. Uhh, it's about to get crazy! Next weekend I'm in DC for a sorority conference, the following weekend I'm in Indianapolis for an NBA/work trip, the weekend after I'm celebrating my birthday, the week after that I'm going skiing for work, the week after that I'm potentially going to Colorado for a fitness conference (!!!), 2 weeks later I'm doing a Spartan Race in North Carolina (SO STOKED!) and then the week after that I'm in Atlanta for another conference. Umm……. dear life, slow down, please?!

5. Double dates. We went on a double date last Saturday night with one of P's coworkers and it was so much fun! I felt like a "real" grownup! We had dinner and saw "Lone Survivor"--totally recommend by the way. But seriously… when did I start living with a boy, get engaged, and start going on double dates?! Wasn't it just yesterday I was in college?!?! Oy.

Five Workouts

Saturday: Crossfit!
We did some skill work… it was much needed. I love Saturday mornings! AND….. I'm totally doing kipping pull-ups now. So stoked.


Monday: Max cardio insanity + this cross fit workout.. it looks easy but it was so intense! One of my favorites!


Tuesday: 6 mile run interval + some arms. Nothing special here.

Wednesday: Insanity max cardio circuit (or something like that… I always forget the real name). Definitely the hardest DVD out of all of them. And my favorite. :) + 2 mile run.

Thursday: Insanity Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs + random jump rope & sit-up workout I found on Pinterest.

Good workout week! I've got more cross fit and insanity in store for the weekend.

Five Favorite Pins:

1. These look soooo good! Going to add these to my repertoire after my birthday (chocolate free until 2/7!).


2. Kind of love this. 



3. MUST keep this in mind. 


4. Guilty. 



5. I love everything about this.




Kind of a boring week on my end--hopefully next week will be more interesting. :) Have a great weekend! 





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it is!! i'm such a cardio junkie that sometimes it's hard for me to get into heavier lifting but i love it! especially on those days when you get midway through a WOD and have to convince your brain to finish more so than your body. it's awesome!

      Delete