Thursday, January 16, 2014

Random Things About Me.

Well, since my blog is relatively new, I thought what better way to get to know the "real" me then provide you all with some (slightly embarrassing) facts about the girl behind the blog.

Being super awkward.
1. From the ages 10-12, I was OBSESSED with tornados. Like… we're talking I use to sleep every night with the weather channel on just in case there was a tornado watch or warning. Mind you, I live in the mountains of VA and although there have been tornados here, it's SUPER rare. I vividly remember one night when we happened to have a tornado watch and my stomach was in knots all night long. I wouldn't eat dinner because I was too busy watching the weather channel. Around 8:30pm, a street cleaner drove down our road, I thought it was a tornado, and went and locked myself in the bathroom for a good hour. Needless to say, my older brother & sister still make fun of me for that one.

2. I went skydiving…… for my JOB! I'm over student activities & recreation at the college I work for and one of our most popular trips is skydiving. My first time taking the trip, one of the students dropped out at the last second so I replaced her. I didn't tell ANYONE--not even P--until after it was over. It was one of the absolute COOLEST things I've ever done.


3. I have MASSIVE feet. I'm only 5'7 1/2" but have size 12 feet!!!! WTF. It's just as terrible as you can imagine. Shoe shopping in a store is pretty much nonexistent. Although it's getting better (power to all the women with big feet!).

4. I've run two half marathons and plan on running two more this year. My first half was awful--I quit training for it mid-way through because work was absolutely crazy and I kind of did it half-heartedly. I finished somewhere around 2:28:00 and wasn't very happy with it. The second one.. I CRUSHED! Funnily enough, the longest run I got in prior to the race was an 8 miler. My goal going in was a sub-2 hour half and I came in at 1:49!!!! It was literally the run of my life. I attribute a lot of that run to the many hours of Insanity my boss and I did prior.

Not from my half. But close enough, right? 
5. Speaking of running, before every race I take the same picture.




You get the idea.

6. At age 26, I think I FINALLY know what I want to do with my life. They always say turn your passion into your job and you'll never work a day in your life. Well, my passion is health, wellness, & fitness…so after much debate, I've decided to go back to school to become a dietitian. I have been accepted to the online dietitian program through the University of Alabama and will hopefully be starting classes this summer. A BIG step but I'm so ready to start learning again it's not even funny!

7. My favorite food is probably a grilled cheese. I suck at cooking but I can make one heck of a grilled cheese. Just saying.

8. My favorite show is/was Breaking Bad, bitch. (and for the record, I thought the ending was PERFECT)
Yeah Mr. White!
9. I love watching crazy documentaries on Netflix. P hates it but I'm obsessed. My favorite so far? How to Die in Oregon. Slightly morbid but worth a watch! It definitely sparks debate and makes you think. 

10. My parents own two Dairy Queen's and up until about a year ago, I had never had a milkshake. I've also never had a moon pie, strawberry, cherry, frosty…. the list goes on and on and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment